Have you ever imagined using the cloudy water you pour out when you’re rinsing your rice? Be sure to save that precious cloudy water for your skincare routine.
Rice water has been used for centuries by women in Asia for beautiful skin and hair. It is an excellent skin toner and hair wash. Rice contains ‘ pitera’ along with many vitamins and minerals. Pitera is beneficial for revitalizing skin’s natural glow and gives you clear skin.
What to do:
- Pour the amount of rice you desire to cook into the bowl or measuring cup. You can determine how much you would like to use.
- Pour the rice into your bowl and fill it with cold water. (1 inch above the rice level)
- Using clean hands or a large spoon, mix the rice to clean. (30-60 seconds)
- Dump the first batch of rice water. This is to get rid of any unclean residue or debris from the rice. (Do not pour out the rice)
- Fill your rice bowl again with cold water. (1 inch above the rice level)
- Mix the water and rice once again and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes have passed, pour out the milky rice water into another bowl, or container for storage.
- Place the contain rice water into your refrigerator until ready to use for upto 4-5 days.
You will need to:
Wash your face, then soak a cotton pad in the rice water and apply it all over, as you would do with a toner.
Go and try this simple and easy skincare routine!
What do you do with your rice water? Will you be seeing it differently after reading this?