Growth is a very profound experience. It can be empowering and confining, thought-provoking and mind-boggling, pleasant and unpleasant, beautiful and ugly all at the same time. Just when you think you have got it, life seems to say, ‘well, now take this.’ And you do.
Then, the minute you are ready to throw your hands up, give up or beat up on yourself for doing the same thing in the smae way and ending up in the same place again, you realize you have not done so badly after all.
Your know you have grown when you can meet a challenge, an obstacle or a diffuculty without totally losing it. As I embrace my journey as an entrepreneur let me share 10 things I have learnt on growth in the first year of my business LIKU By Squeezie:
1. A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never go back to its old dimensions.
2. Once the storm is over you won’t remember how you made it through…you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.
3. In any given moment we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.
4.Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.
5. Often its the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.
6. If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?
7. The beautiful thing about growth is the ability to see our changes.
8. If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.
9. Be not afraid of growing slowly; Be afraid only of standing still.
10. I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I WANT to be to inspire me and not terrify me.
Note to self:
“Would the girl you were yesterday admire the woman you are today? If not, adjust for desired results.”
What lessons are you learning on GROWTH? Do share!